Thursday, February 4, 2010

Dear McDonald's

Dear McDonald's,
I am writing because I noticed that you are upholding a gender stereotype and it is quite frankly, pissing me off. When I go to McDonald's I want one thing for sure: a large fountain Coca-Cola Classic.
On several occasions, when patronizing the drive through (notice I spelled through correctly. I will not conform to your bastardization ! I was not on the Spell Bowl team for 6 years for nothing! I digress. My disdain for your lack of syntax knowledge is for another letter to you.) I have ordered my large Coke only to receive the inferior, no calorie Diet Coke. The first couple times, I thought nothing of it, as mistakes are made. But this is happening more and more frequently.
Do I look like a 500 pound woman who is ordering 5 big Macs and then going for the more sensible option of a diet soda? More importantly the notion that I am female so I must be worried about my "girlish figure" is implied here. I do not care that I might consume 388 calories in a drink. The fact that I am at McDonald's proves this. I will be up in the gym workin on my fitness after consumption. If I wanted a Diet Coke I would have said DIET PLEASE!.
I implore you, do not give me diet. I want the REAL thing.

Signed,
The asparatame filled lab rat

No comments:

Post a Comment